Durham Mental Health Services offers a community-based case management program which assists individuals with mental health problems to live successfully in the community. Support is individualized to client needs.
Our Program Provides:
Support and Advocacy - including assistance with daily living and meeting basic needs (e.g., housing, financial), life skills development, supportive counseling and crisis intervention, assistance navigating the mental health system, referrals and coordination of support.
Information and Education - including crisis prevention and management, symptom and medication management, mental health information and education.
Specialized Case Management Services
Durham Mental Health Services can also provide case management services to the following specialized populations:
- Dual Diagnosis - individuals with a developmental disability and mental heath problems.
- Concurrent Disorders - individuals who have a drug or alcohol dependency and mental health problems.
- Transitional Aged Youth - youth between the ages of 16 - 21 who are newly diagnosed and/or new to the mental health system.
- Transitional Case Management - Forensic Services (in partnership with Ontario Shore for Mental Health Sciences) - assists forensic inpatient clients to make a successful transition from a secure forensic hospital bed to the community.
- Release from Custody - This program, provided in partnership with CMHA-Victoria County, provides intensive short-term case management to successfully integrate individuals from the Central East Correctional Centre back into to their community.
- Seniors Mental Health Support - offering case management / community mental health support services to seniors experiencing mental health problems.
- Residents of Durham Region 16 years of age and older, living with mental health problems, who want case management services.
- We cannot accommodate individuals who have a significant cognitive impairment or substance addiction as a sole problem, or whose behaviour would make community visits unsafe.
For Information About These Programs
Call our C.A.L.L. Line (Crisis–Access–Linkage–Line)
at 1-800-742-1890 – 905-666-0483
Fax a Referral for Service to our Intake Team at 905-448-0456